Some have suggested I close this blog since I am no longer blogging or recapping TV shows. I’ve decided to keep it going for a number of reasons but mainly for my international audience. No, I’m not kidding. For the past few days we’ve had visits from:
United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, India, France, Russia, Brazil, Indonesia, Bulgaria,, Mexico, Austria, Malaysia, Romania, Peru, Netherlands, United Arab Emerats, Argentina, Greece, Sweden, Colombia, Iran, Estonia, Singapore, Belarus, Hungry, Hong Kong and more.
I’ll assume some old Gosselin bloggers still check here daily to see what I might or might not say. I do my chatting at the IMO blog. I never wanted this blog to be a chat blog or a blog about blog wars and personal crap. BTW, The IMO Blog gets at least 10 times the hits as MySnark but all the hits are from the US and Canada.
The searches are mostly for Chelsea Handler, Real Housewives, Breaking Bad Recaps and April Blowby (Candi) from Two and A Half Men and Drop Dead Diva. Nobody finds my blog looking for Gosselin information. I guess TVSnark/My Snark is no longer considered a Kate hate blog. Well, it depends who you ask.
When I get inspired I will write about TV but until then, this blog will stand as is for those who are interested in reading what is already here.
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Russell Brand!
Russell Brand, Katy Perry wed at tiger reserve in India
By Prakash Bhandari, The Associated Press
Posted: 10/23/2010 09:24:08 PM
RANTHAMBHORE NATIONAL PARK, India — Comedian Russell Brand and pop star Katy Perry were married Saturday in northwestern India, the couple confirmed in a statement.
A Christian minister and longtime friend of Perry’s family performed a “private and spiritual ceremony,” which was attended by family members and close friends, said the statement released by the couple’s representatives.
“The backdrop was the inspirational and majestic countryside of Northern India,” said the statement, which did not provide any further details on the ceremony.
The wedding was held at the Aman-e-Khas luxury resort in a tiger reserve in Ranthambhore National Park, a hotel official said on condition of anonymity as he was not authorized to speak to the media.
Security has been stringent with private security guards stationed at the resort and other nearby hotels where guests and the couple are staying for the six-day wedding celebration.
Photographers and media reporters were not allowed into the Aman-e-Khas wildlife retreat. The couple have given the exclusive coverage rights to a London magazine, and no other photographers or journalists will be allowed into the resort.
The wedding venue was lit with lamps, colorful lights illuminated the trees and flower garlands festooned the luxury tents at the resort, the hotel official said.
Both Brand and Perry wore traditional Indian clothes to the wedding, the hotel official said. Perry donned a sari, as did a number of other female guests at the ceremony. On Friday, at a prenuptial celebration, Perry, like a typical Indian bride, had henna designs applied on her palms and hands.
Meanwhile, a four-member committee had been set up to check noise pollution from the wedding celebration and ensure that animals in the wildlife reserve in India’s Rajasthan state are not disturbed, said Ravi Kumar, a district official.
Ranthambhore National Park is home to a host of wildlife species including tigers, leopards, wild boars, hyenas and sloth bears.
The British comedian’s wedding procession, accompanied by traditional Indian musicians, made its way from Sher Bagh, another nearby luxury resort, to the Aman-e-Khas retreat.
Brand proposed to the American pop singer, whose parents are Christian pastors, in the historic Indian city of Jaipur over New Year’s Eve, and the couple decided to get married in India.
The 26-year-old Perry’s single “California Gurls,” from her second album “Teenage Dream,” was one of the top hits of the year.
Brand, 35, is known for his drug-addled past and hedonistic tendencies, but says he has lived a sober life for the last few years. He recently starred in the hit film comedy “Get Him to the Greek,” and is next set to star as Trinculo in Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” and as the title character in a remake of the 1981 Dudley Moore-Liza Minnelli film “Arthur.”
Today Jon released a Twitter message:
As you may or may not be aware, I have been working for some time to remove my children from television. I do not believe being on TV is beneficial to any of them. They are no longer toddlers that are oblivious to what is going on around them. They are now six and ten, in school and desperately in need of a normal life.
Each of them has experienced negative effects of having their lives so public. Some are struggling with emotional and/or behavioral issues. My goal for my children is for them to have a normal childhood, and gain back their much deserved privacy. This is not about money, this is about my children. No amount of money is worth the price my children are paying. You cannot put a price on childhood. Money comes and goes, but you only have one childhood.
For those questions about money and support, I can say I am supporting my children to the best of my ability. All parties involved know the truth about this. I am and have been actively seeking employment. I have been barred from accepting entertainment deals that would generate income for my family due to contractual obligations. I am also actively looking for a job outside of the entertainment industry and so far, have not secured a position. In the mean time, I have been focusing on spending time with my children and providing a safe, stable, normal and private environment for them!
On October 13, 2010, I went to court to act in the best interest of my children- to remove them from television. The judge respectfully denied my plea, and granted filming rights to their mother. I honor the judge’s decision, but I do not support it. I will not stop fighting to remove my children from television. It is not a child’s job to support themselves, or a lifestyle, they need to be kids. I would like to apologize to my friends, family, and especially my children for not taking a stand earlier in my life and not questioning my decisions to have our lives documented and displayed. I will have to answer to my children for the rest of my life. I will have to live with this guilt the rest of my life. I am truly sorry!
Written by SeeingClearly at the IMO blog:
His message has some very clear points:
* Filming IS harming the children
* He has opposed filming for a long time
* Jon has been prevented from accepting entertainment deals
* He is actively looking for work
* He will continue to fight
* He regrets his decision to ever film
His message directly refutes the common arguments of the “fans” who refuse to acknowledge that continuing to film and display this family is HARMFUL TO THE CHILDREN. He took this to court and fought to get them off TV.
Those who claim that Jon is opposing this because he wants to hurt Kate or because he is jealous of the money are choosing to ignore the FACT that Jon wanted to stop filming at the end of Season 4! Jon was objecting WHILE he was receiving huge paychecks. Jon was objecting WHILE he was still married.
If TLC continues to film then they are clearly showing that they don’t care what the FATHER of these children feels about this. They are putting money before the rights and concerns of a father. Since when does a divorce mean you can edit a father out of a family? They simply chopped his name from the title, removed him from the payroll and kept going? They are not simulated characters- this is an ACTUAL FAMILY!!!
It’s clear to me that Jon is concerned for his children. He wants to protect them and he wants to provide for them.
Join the chat at: IMO Blog
Memorials, merchandise for Lennon 70th anniversary
Reuters, Oct 6, 2010 11:00 pm PDT
LONDON (Reuters) – What would have been John Lennon’s 70th birthday on Saturday will be marked around the world with memorials, music and plenty of merchandise.
Yoko Ono, Lennon’s widow and the guardian of his commercial and musical legacy, will lead the tributes from Iceland, where she will light the Imagine Peace Tower in memory of Lennon and perform with their son Sean.
In the singer’s birthplace Liverpool, Lennon’s first wife Cynthia and their child Julian are expected to unveil a monument dedicated to the artist and funded by the Global Peace Initiative involving young artists.
“Nowhere Boy,” a film about Lennon’s early years before he found fame and fortune with the Beatles, hits U.S. theatres on Friday and on Saturday, the documentary “LennonNYC” will be screened in New York, where he was killed on December 8, 1980.
The 30th anniversary of his murder at age 40 is expected to launch a new wave of Lennon-mania in December.
“It’s a strange phenomenon in a way, but probably the Beatles are more popular now than they ever were,” said Jerry Goldman, managing director of the Beatles Story museum in Liverpool which will be custodian of the new $350,000 monument.
“Lennon is the most iconic of them. His activities for peace with Yoko, his ‘bed-ins’, perhaps don’t count quite so much as the music,” he added.
“‘Imagine’ is a world anthem, as is ‘Give Peace a Chance’. Whenever people gather to protest … you are probably going to hear them singing a Lennon song. More than anything else it’s the music, and nobody has come close in recent years.”
Few would debate Lennon’s musical influence.
As one half of the key songwriting axis in the Beatles alongside Paul McCartney, Lennon was responsible for much of the band’s catalog, including seminal hits like “She Loves You,” “I Want to Hold Your Hand” and “A Hard Day’s Night.”
As a solo artist after the group split in 1970, he went on to produce songs including Imagine, and became a symbol of opposition to the Vietnam War.
Lennon’s legacy is also big business. Critics have accused Ono and others of cashing in on his memory and betraying the ideals of a man who once sang “imagine no possessions.”
Ono has overseen the release of a digitally remastered Lennon catalog, including eight studio albums and several newly compiled titles, on the EMI Music label.
“Remastering was emotionally hard for me,” she wrote recently on Twitter.
“I felt John was at my side, and when I looked at my side, there was only an empty chair. I was crying, but still my job was to listen to John, like I used to … So I am a lucky girl.”
Ono also authorized Gibson to make three special edition acoustic guitars priced between $4,700 and $15,000.
Montblanc has produced a Lennon-related pen, complete with sapphires and diamonds and retailing in luxury magazines for a cool $27,000.
“It’s easy to lose sight of the music with all the surrounding Lennonphilia that, over the next few weeks, will be particularly cloying and suffocating,” said Brian Boyd, music columnist for the Irish Times.
Ono has defended her decision to allow Lennon’s name to be used to endorse products, saying it is the most effective way to keep his name and music in the public consciousness.
And in response to complaints in Britain earlier this year when archive footage of the singer was used in a car advertisement, son Sean tweeted: “Having just seen ad I realize why people are mad. But intention was not financial, was simply wanting to keep him out there in the world.”
50 Cent and Chelsea Handler went to a bar in New Orleans last night … and by the way they got up close and personal with each other, they gave some serious credibility to those dating rumors.
TMZ has obtained a photo of the two of them at the Blue Nile jazz bar in New Orleans — and one spy inside the joint tells us they were getting very hot and heavy with each other.